Thursday, January 5, 2012

Geez!

I know I've already blogged once this week, but today calls for another entry. It has been one of those days that I want to remember forever. If you're short on time, skip to the blue text.

I usually sleep until 7:30-8 when the boys get up. Today I was nursing Sutton when Chad woke up at 5:50, so instead of going back to sleep I got dressed, make-up applied, breakfast eaten and was on my first of 2 cups of coffee before the boys woke up. (It is always nice to wake up with a quiet house and spend some alone time).

After breakfast we went to Publix to get groceries and Sutton's Zantac. On the way to Publix we pass Kroger where there is a construction site with 5 construction vehicles. Cohen knows they are there and always does the sign-language and then says, "Peeeaaaaas," when we pass them. He wants to go watch them work. I promised him we watch them later today. We were in Publix for about 30 minutes. Roughly 25 of those minutes he kept saying, "More peas" with the sign language included, over and over and over and over again. I knew he meant "More trucks please."
We left Publix (with no shoes if I may add. He kicks them off as soon as he gets in a shopping cart) and went to Kroger. We were in a hurry because I had to pick up some things at Kroger and Mollie was coming over to take Sutton's 3 month pictures. We just drove by the trucks R-E-A-L-L-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y and then went inside Kroger. Cohen screamed and kicked and wanted more trucks.
We got home and did pictures with Aunt Mollie with only minor breakdowns. When the pictures were finished, Sutton had fallen asleep in a basket Mollie had him in for the pictures. Mollie and I were chatting and not really paying attention to Cohen. So it was so cute when we went to get Sutton out of the basket and noticed Cohen had given Sutton his own lovie, doggy, blanket, and other lovie that he sleeps with:) They were all laying on top of sweet Sutton. What a great brother to share his only doggie and lovie! Made my heart smile!!!

After naptime, we were going to the park to play with Rowena and Woodson. We usually play at Owl Creek Park and Cohen LOVES to swing. Today we planned to meet them at the park across from Brentwood library instead. So I put the boys in the car and told Cohen we were going to swing with Woodson. He kept saying, "swiiiiing, Wooson!" as we drove towards the park. Oh, he was also clapping his hands excitedly the whole way. As we drove past Owl Creek park he immediately began kicking and screaming, "swiiiing!" He knew we just passed the swings and he was ticked. We got to the park and all was well.

Now the fun part of my day.....
On the way home from the park he began saying, "more peas" as he could see Kroger. So we drove over and sat in our car and watched the diggers (or "giggers" as he calls them) for 10 minutes or so before we left. It takes 2 minutes, literally, to get to our house from Kroger. I get Cohen out of the car and smell something sour. I put him down so he can walk inside while I carry Sutton. I notice Cohen's bum looks damp in his jeans. I naturally assume he has sat in some water at the playground...until we get inside. I then notice brown going up the back of his shirt, (don't ask how I didn't see the massive amount of poop on his white shirt, yet I noticed that his dark-colored jeans were "damp" ?!) So I immediately picked him up and went straight to our bathroom, leaving Sutton sleeping downstairs in his carseat. I stripped Cohen in the bathroom, noticed there was poo up to his neck, wiped his bum, and threw him in the tub just as Sutton started crying to eat. I had tossed the fragrant diaper in the garage trash, and put the poop clothes in the washer, yet our master bathroom reeked, bad!! I decided to nurse Sutton in the bathroom while Cohen played in the tub. This went well for about 5 minutes of our usual 20 minute long nursing time. Out of nowhere, I heard tub bubbles and Cohen said, "I shoo-shoo." I took Sutton off the boob with no regard to the fact that he was in the appetizer stage of his dinner, put him on a towel on the bathroom floor and ran to the tub. Thank goodness there wasn't poop in the tub, but I knew I didn't have long to prevent that from being the case. I pulled Co out of the tub, (I already had given him the male equivalent of a whore bath) dried him quickly, and threw a diaper on him. All this was done while he kept repeating, "I shoo-shoo." Poor Sutton lay on the floor the entire time screaming at the top of his lungs because his second-hand peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I had eaten for lunch was rudely taken from him without warning.
Cohen pooped his diaper about 20 minutes later,... through his diaper and onto his pjs. Yep, we have a stomach bug here it seems. Fantastic! This isn't going to be easy. Chad came home about 2 hours after the initial poop fiasco and said our house smelled like poo. Nice! Anyone want to come over for dinner:) ??

Hope you all have a poop-free day!

Love,

2 comments: