Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to the Grind.

I started back to work on Friday the 13th! I know, what was I thinking?! It was a very busy day of delivering babies. I didn't eat a morsel of food until 3pm. I am working Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The first Saturday I worked was also the first day Chad kept both boys. This was by his design. Let's just say this....by 11am Saturday I had received 6 texts from him related to the kids. They went something like this:
"Can I feed Sutton yet?"
"Does he cry all the time?"
"When can I put him down for a nap?"
"I don't know how you do this!"
"I can't get him to stop crying!"
and lastly.. "Something is wrong with this kid. He's not right."

When I finally had a moment to check my phone at 11 and see all this I immediatley called Chad. I reassured him that our sweet child is fine, he just hasn't ever spent the day alone with Chad, so they will have to get a routine going.
The next day Chad woke up late and was 20 minutes late to church. He called me on his way to church sounding panicked because he was late. I tried to assure him that 1) Our church has three services. It's not a big deal if he doesn't make the 8:30 service.2) God understands if he is late:) 3) He should give himself some credit for getting himself and the boys dressed, fed, and out the door ONLY 20 minutes late.
So, he had a rough first weekend at Daddy Daycare. I know he will become a pro in no time though.
Before long, he will have such a routine with the boys that, when I am off work on the weekends, I will just "mess" up the routine.

I did fine back at work. I missed my children, of course, but I LOVE my job (most days) which makes it easy to clock in for my 12 hour shifts.
I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping to quit working Sundays soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment