Saturday, October 1, 2011

Welcome, Sutton Henry!

He is here! Sutton Henry arrived on Friday, September 30 at 3:27am weighing 7 pounds and 10 ounces and 20 inches long. We are blessed beyond words and cannot thank God enough for such an amazing gift.
        I went to the ER Thursday night and left Chad and Cohen at home. I did not want to get Cohen out and then be told that I wasn't in labor. So, I went to the ER around 9pm, got checked out and admitted by 10pm. I called Chad and he dropped Cohen off at his parents' house, then came and met me at Centennial. One of my great, wonderful friends Rowena was kind enough to come in on her night/day off and be my nurse. (She was also my nurse when Cohen was born). Her presence eased my anxiety immediately.
       Without any drama, our angel was born at 3:27am. Chad did an amazing job of remaining fully conscious. If I haven't mentioned before, he fainted when Cohen was born and doesn't remember much of the first 20 minutes of his life. Chad watched Sutton come into the world and did wonderful. He said everything happened too fast for him to get light-headed or faint. I wouldn't have had the wonderful birth experience I did without Rowena. She is such an amazing, kind, Christian woman who will do anything for a friend. And it is such a blessing to have a great friend to be your nurse during such a life-changing event.
      Cohen came with Nana and Aunt Lora to meet Sutton. He was instantly excited and wanted to touch, kiss, hug, and hold him. He was so sweet and involved with Sutton for about 10 minutes, then the excitement was over and he was busy destroying the room and asking for food.




       Our friends from church, Jason and Marie Caskey had their baby boy Rhys on Thursday morning at Centennial. They are literally in the room across the hall from us. Rhys was due the day after Sutton, but they both came slightly early. But Rhys weighed in at an impressive 9 pounds, 15 ounces and 22 inches long! He is such a handsome, healthy baby. Jason and Marie came over and we placed the boys in the same bassinet and took pictures of them. There is definitely a noticeable size difference!  We plan on them growing up together and becoming great buddies.
 *I will add these pictures when I download them. They are so cute*
       We cannot stop praising God for our many blessings. We are overwhelmed at how amazing He is, and are SO looking forward to the wild ride ahead of us as parents to these little blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm happy hear both Sutton and you are doing great! You don't look like you just had a baby:) Enjoy this precious time!

    ReplyDelete