Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Any day now...

Every day I wake up and go to bed thinking, "the baby is coming today/tonight." I worked Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and halfway through the day Monday my contractions were coming pretty regularly. They were not painful, but I could definitely tell they were there. Before I left work, one of the girls checked me and I was 3-4cm dialated. The whole way home from work I contracted every 2-5 minutes. This continued until about 1 am when I was finally able to fall asleep. I didn't go to the hospital because I know better and DID NOTwant to sit in the ER forever and be monitored and not sleep, and stop contracting and get sent home.
Well, I am still contracting. Yesterday I contracted every 4 minutes for a few hours, then it stopped. Same thing last night.
I am hoping I don't wait and get to the hospital at the last minute and not have time to get the antibiotics I need during labor to keep the baby from getting sick. But I am not going in with false labor either.
So, I guess I am waiting on one of these things to occur:
1) My water to break
2) These contractions to become pretty intense/painful
3) The doctor to tell me I need to be admitted after she checks me tomorrow.
If none of these things occur, I am having Sutton on Wednesday, October 5.

Maybe next time I post, I will have that sweet baby boy in my arms. We shall see......

No comments:

Post a Comment