Thursday, September 22, 2011

Going Crazy??

I think I have said this many times before, but here it is again....
"It is NO GOOD to be a labor and delivery nurse while you are pregnant."
When people hear what I do for a job they say, "Oh, well you know what to expect so I am sure pregnancy is easy for you." Oh, so, so wrong.

It is in my nature to be a nervous-Nelly as you probably know. But this morning, I was a total mess. First of all, I didn't sleep well at all last night because I had contractions most of the night. Nothing that I was concerned about, but they kept me awake. Then I woke up for the day at 7:15 with Cohen. I made us breakfast and I made me a homemade pumpkin spice latte. I noticed by 7:45 that the baby hadn't moved yet. I drank more coffee, layed on my left side, poked at his usually active little feet.....Nothing. Not one tiny movement. It had been about 1 hour since I had been awake, and the baby hadn't moved once. You should feel your baby move at least 4 times in 1 hour, and this guy hadn't moved a bit. I called our wonderful life-saver babysitter Miss Lily and asked if I could drop Cohen off for a bit so I could go to the ER and get the baby checked out. I dropped Cohen off at Lily's, then called my Mom bawling. I have seen too many sad outcomes to brush his lack of movement off as him just sleeping. My mother said her and my Dad would meet me at the ER. Chad said not to worry, the baby was just really tired. I prayed like crazy and cried so much I could barely see to drive. I was stuck in rush-hour traffic and also had an empty gas tank. I stopped and put $10 of gas in my car and drove like a crazy person to get to the hospital. As I was getting off the exit at Centennial, I felt a tiny little kick. Whew! I then began to cry again and praise God that the baby was okay. I went to the ER, baby looked great, and I was able to relax. God is so good! I can't take another lazy baby though. It scared me so bad.
My parents did scold me for not having a full tank of gas in my car since I could go into labor at any time. Haha. I always run my car to the E. Good point though.
When I went to pick up Cohen, Miss Lily said as soon as I left she grabbed Cohen and held him tight and they prayed for the baby to be healthy. So thankful for such a wonderful babysitter for my sweet boy.
So, I am sure my doctor is ready for me to have this baby because I have been a crazy patient for the last two weeks. I am ready to meet him too. Hopefully not for 2 weeks though. But anytime will work:)

2 comments:

  1. You had me nervous for a second! If it counts, I am ready for you to have this baby too. I need to get my baby fix in :) Oh, and you can always drop Cohen off at your neighbor's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a NICU nurse I totally understand. Everytime I go in for a visit with my OB I have a new list of worries. I can't wait to see photos of your healthy baby boy and his big brother!

    ReplyDelete