Thursday, January 3, 2013

Such a big boy!

Cohen is growing so fast!  He uses the potty all the time.  Only having 1 in diapers is nice:)
If he has an accident in his pants he says, "I so sad. I sorry, Mommy!" It is so sweet. He also shows everyone that he is wearing "big boy pants" and often times doesn't want to wear pants because he is so proud of his underware.

At night he has been asking to watch a movie. There is a VCR in our "house" at Nana and Pop's. My mom gave us some VHS tapes from when my niece Ariel was little. We have Shrek, Toy Story, Bambi, The Jungle Book, and The Tigger Movie.  Cohen loves all of them. He lays on the couch with his "Puppy Dog" and paci and watches a movie until we put him to sleep in his bed. He always asks if Chad or I will "watch a movie and take a nap with me?" It is so sweet.
We have been taking drives to look at Christmas lights. He says, "they're so bootiful" "I like them. You like them, Mommy?" "there everywhere." Seeing the holiday season through a kid's eyes is so magical.
He loves his brother and Sutton loves him so much too. I have said before that I like to "take a nap" with Cohen and put him in our bed for a bit. Well, Cohen now asks to go to his bed to "see Sutton" or "sleep with my best brother" when he is in bed with me. It is so sweet!
I tell Cohen I "love him to the moon." and he says it back. Then he says, "I said it first. I beat you!" Such a smart, witty kid! He also says, "I strong, I smart, I handsome." He got this from me because I tell him those things daily.

Sutton is still the happiest baby! He has the best smile with those big dimples. He toddles around and does what Cohen does. He also says "more" and "please" in sign-language. However, he says several words these days too. He says, "milk" "bottle" "more" "cracker" "Mama" "Dada" "Poppa" "Nana" "Mimi" and pretty much any other 1-2 syllable word that you ask him to say.
It is SUCH a joy to have these boys so close in age. I wish I could keep them at 1 and 2 years old forever!
Sutton's newest thing is when he hurts himself, no matter if he falls, or what...he brings his right pointer finger to you for you to kiss it. He then smiles, and is off to play again. I love this!
He is such a tough boy. He takes hard falls and when we look to see if he is going to cry, he just gets up, brings you his finger to kiss, then he's off.



 


God is so gracious to give us these sweet, smart boys to parent.  We are so thankful we were picked to raise these boys. I pray nightly that we raise boys that love the Lord and desire to please Him.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment