Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh, Happy Life!

Since it is such a beautiful, rainy, cloudy day in Nashville, and the kids are napping, I thought I would update the blog. Sutton is almost seven weeks old, and Cohen is almost 21 months.

The colic is much improved over the past 3 days or so. I cut out dairy and added probiotics to Sutton's milk on the advice of my friend Meghan, and after 3 weeks of this, we are beginning to see a new baby! I have had a bit of cheese here and there and haven't noticed that it bothers Sutton, so it seems to be mostly milk, yogrut, and ice cream. However, I am not going to eat any mac-n-cheese or queso anytime in the next year or so because I don't want him to become super fussy again, just in case:)

I am super proud of myself for making it to the Y yesterday for the first time since Sutton was born. I love the Maryland Farms Y the best because there are several designated spots up front for "Mothers of 2 or more children." Score!! I dropped both boys off at their respective nurserys and ran 2 miles, then did a bit of walking and abs. I found that I stayed there longer than I expected because I enjoyed the "alone" time so much! It was a bit sad that Cohen cried when I left him in the nursery. He has NEVER cried when Chad or I have left him anywhere so I was sad to see him cry. But I walked by and checked on him about 2 minutes later and he was smiling and playing.

Sutton laughs out loud in his sleep. It is so cute! Cohen smiled a lot in his sleep, but never laughed. I can't imagine what is so funny to a 6.4 week old:) He also LOVES watching the mobile on his swing. He will stare at it for about 40 minutes before he gets fussy. When he does get fussy, Cohen now thinks Sutton needs some of his milk. So he will put his cup in Sutton's mouth and say "Shhhh, Susson." Cohen also has started lining up his stuffed Donald Duck, Tigger, dog, and monkey and giving them some milk from his sippy cup. He puts the cup up to each of their mouths like they are drinking it. He asked me for some gold fish the other day, when I gave him a handful he went and tried to feed them to each of his stuffed animals. Silly kid! He is such a delight. He always makes us laugh. As of now, this is my favorite age so far. He is talking and signing enough that I usually know what he wants. Life is great at the Cochrane house. I cannot thank God enough for the many blessings!
He loves playing with stickers

I am envious of his eyelashes

This is him saying "cheese."

Playing the drum for Sutton

Happy baby now. 6 weeks old!

He loves to put on everyone's shoes.

Poor Sutton:)


Hope you have a wonderful day and a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with love from family and friends!

1 comment: