Monday, March 21, 2011

Who turned on the Flux Capacitor?

I've learned that time goes into warp speed when you become a parent. So I am going to blog to keep myself, and anyone else who cares, reminded of how awesome life is and include all the memories that I want to keep fresh.
I came home from work today, looked at my child toddling around the house with blocks in his hand and realized that he is a big boy. It is bittersweet. I am so proud of him and all that he learns everyday, yet I miss the cuddly, not-so-busy, nursing baby that I had two months ago.

Cohen is such a daddy's boy now. Since Chad has been a stay-at-home dad, Cohen prefers him. I get it though.... Chad is way more fun than me. They have their own little routine that I am not privy to. But Chad is going back to work in 2 weeks which will be so sad for both Cohen and me. I don't know how I will handle such a wild man by myself 5 days a week. I guess we will spend a lot of time at the Y! I am not above going to the gym more for childcare and a moment to myself, than the actual exercise:)

And big news....we are expecting baby # 2 in October. I am 11 weeks. And yes, we were somewhat planning this. We want our children close in age. And no, I don't "really" want a girl. I really don't care. When you are a nurse in obstetrics and see all the unimaginable things that can happen to a child you realize how little the sex of a child matters. Chad really is pulling for a girl though:)

2 comments: