Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh, what a great baby daddy!

Okay, so first off, this blogging thing is not "user-friendly" in my opinion. I can't figure out how to keep my title and header on the page. When I added a background, it took away my header and title. And, I am still trying to figure out how to post multiple pics at one time with captions. Agh! Help please!

So, today is Chad's last day as a SAHD. I am so sad, and I know Cohen is too.
Chad and I met when I was 18 and he was 19, dated on and off for 5 years, then became engaged and married in 2006. I remember reading Francine Rivers book Redeeming Love in 2005 when we were "off." I read that book and cried and realized that Chad was Michael from the book. He would follow me anywhere, hold me accountable, and love me with his whole being. I knew that day that I MUST marry this man. I always knew he would be a great dad, but I never knew he would be a much better dad than I am a mom. Seriously, he is fantastic with Cohen! Cohen prefers Chad over me most of the time.
It hit me the other day how sad I was that we weren't going to be spending Monday through Friday together all day anymore. I work every Saturday and Sunday, so once he starts work again tomorrow I will only see him at night from 6-10pm.

God is so great and faithful to us! When Chad lost his job in January we had very mixed feelings about it. He was beyond ready for a job change, but ideally he would have another job before leaving the last one. So, we watched our money closely since the only income that was coming in was from me working my 2-3 days a week as a nurse. We were prepared to drain our "emergency savings fund." Oh, and I didn't even mention that Chad had a company vehicle, so we were down to 1 car once he was unemployed. I am a worrier, (which Chad and my mother say shows a lack of faith) so I was almost panick-stricken at our situation.
Well the last day of Chads job, his buddy since childhood said he could borrow his truck until Chad got a new job. What? For free? Yes, God is great! Chad had interviews almost immediately. He was offered a job the second week he was unemployed. We prayed about it, and realized that was not the job for Chad. We realized we were taking a huge risk by passing up a job in this economy. But somehow, I felt so peaceful. I just knew God was taking care of us and would see us through this tough time. Several weeks went by with no interviews. I was getting called off of work because there aren't many people having babies in this economy. So I wasn't getting a full paycheck. And we found out I was pregnant with baby #2 one month into Chad's unemployment!
One day a buddy of Chads told him about a job opening for a sales position. Chad has no sales experience. He went in for an interview and it didn't go well because they really wanted someone with strong sales experience. Three interviews and a personality test later, Chad got the job! The boss told Chad that he interview several people with sales experience but kept coming back to Chad because he could tell he was a hard-worker, intelligent, and level-headed. Go Chaddy!! I am so proud of him!
And the best part of this whole story...we never had to use a dollar of our savings account. God has provided for us beyond expectations. We have had so much time to spend together as a family, and have not been financially stressed even once! I hope to keep these last three months in the front of my mind forever to remind me how faithful and wonderful our God is.
Happy day to all!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment