Sunday, May 29, 2011

Randoms...

I've decided to just post a few little fun things that Cohen has done recently so I won't forget them. And honestly, I already forgot the main one that I was going to write about...hmmm.
-I've always had mixed feelings on sign-language for babies. Some docs say it inhibits their speech, while others say it helps them to express themselves before they can talk. I taught Co the signs that I thought were important for us. He knows "eat" "more" and "please." But he uses "more" to mean "eat." So within 5-10 minutes of waking up, he starts signing "more" and following me around the kitchen while I make my coffee. He also makes some sound while he is signing that. It is so cute, that I often find myself taking my time making his breakfast and my coffee so I can see him signing "more."
-Cohen loves the water. Pool water, bath water, he doesn't care. He now puts his face under water in the tub. He puts his face under, then raises up with wide eyes, laughs, and repeats this over and over. We went to the pool yesterday and he did this again, but this time his whole head went under. I was right next to him and I knew he was about to put his head under, but I want him to be able to explore his world. He scared me more than he scared himself because I pulled him up really quick from the water, and he was just smiling with water pouring down his face. He is such a dare-devil.
-The past two weeks he loves books and hats. Any of Chad's hats he finds he puts on his head. He will only wear them for a few minutes though. And he LOVES books. He has about 8 books that he loves. He will bring you a book, back up until he is sitting in your lap, then hand the book to you. We read 3 books about construction equipment the most. It's funny that he loves those the most. We've never tried to get him to like those books more, he just does. We were at a friend's house playing and my friend handed Co a Barbie. He looked at her and threw her on the floor within 2 seconds of holding her! I'm convinced those boy chromosomes are very dominate at birth.
----Oh, I remembered what I was going to write about! I tried to get Cohen to sleep with me Thursday night because Chad was out of town. He has NEVER slept with me, but I thought I would be less lonely if we could cuddle while Chad was gone. Cohen was restless, tossing and turning for about 20 minutes. I turned off the tv and acted like I was asleep hoping he would go to sleep. After about 5 minutes, he hadn't moved at all, and his breathing changed, so I was sure he was asleep. I was going to sleep too..... Until I felt something on my lips. I peeked and saw him trying to put his pacifier in my mouth. I quietly laughed, he quietly laughed too. Then I opened my eyes and laughed out loud, and he cackeled. It was so sweet and funny. I want to remember that one forever! It was like he saw his Mommy sleeping, and just knew she would sleep better with a paci, and he was going to share his paci.
       My wise friend said that it won't be the so-called "big" milestones that will melt your heart, but the regular oatmeal moments that you will keep in your heart and take with you forever.  I want to have the best memory possible and remember all these "oatmeal" moments of our lives. Thanks for the wise, motherly advice, Mylinda:)
Blessings,
Cohen's Mommy Kelly
One of my favorites. He was about 2 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment